**Scroll down to find the amazing diabetes-fighting burger recipe :-).**
► ► FREE BOOK + FREE DOCUMENTARY EPISODE: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
I discuss some of the reasons why traditional fast food burgers can hurt your health and raise your diabetes risk.
I’m also going to give you the tips and tricks for you to skip the drive-thru and create The Ultimate Diabetes-Fighting Burger from the comfort of your kitchen!
1) Red meat can be quite a savoury treat. Based on averages we are eating between 4 and 5 servings per week which is far too much.
2) Burger buns are mostly made from processed white flour, and they’re high glycemic which will get your blood sugar skyrocketing!
3) Most sauces contain an unhealthy amount of sugar, especially barbeque sauce, which contains roughly 33 grams of sugar per 100 grams.
4) Burger sides are regularly just as unhealthy as the burger, and french fries are the main culprit as they are made from starchy white potatoes and are deep-fried in unhealthy oils.
5) Key #1 to creating the ultimate diabetes-fighting burger is to replace the red processed meat with some ground turkey meat, which is an excellent source of lean protein.
6) Key #2 is all about using nutrient & anti-oxidant rich spices, herbs and sauces like garlic, cumin, basil and apple cider vinegar.
7) Key #3 is to replace those high sugar white buns with healthier options like whole-grain and sourdough buns.
8) Key #4 is all about using the freshest vegetables. Organic vegetables will be the best option as they are less likely to contain any harmful pesticides.
9) Key #5 focuses on replacing those sugar-laden sauces, try making your own healthier alternatives.
10) Key #6 I look at different ways of cooking. Rather than frying burgers in unhealthy oils, maybe try cooking them with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil or oven baking them instead.
11) Key #7 is about rethinking your sides, try healthier alternatives to those deep-fried fries. Instead of using starchy white potatoes.
Diabetes-Friendly Turkey Burgers with Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
1.5 lbs ground turkey
1 cup portabella mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons cumin
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tablespoons almond meal
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
12 slices sprouted grain bread, sourdough or pumpkernickel
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
2 tomatoes, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 bag fresh spinach
salt and pepper, to taste
Sweet Potato Fries
2 large red or orange kumara sweet potatoes
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Using a food processor or blender, blitz the mushrooms and the garlic until roughly to semi-finely chopped.
2. Beat the egg in a large bowl. Add the mushroom/garlic mix, plus the cumin, basil, tapioca flour, almond meal, coconut aminos, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Add the ground turkey, salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well with the ingredients until fully blended.
3. Shape the turkey into 6 evenly-sized patties. Set aside.
4. Heat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, melt, and spread evenly across the pan. Toast 2 bread slices at a time, 1-2 minutes per side. Repeat, using 1 teaspoon of coconut oil per 2 slices. Set toasted bread aside.
5. Continue heating the fry pan on medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and place 2 turkey patties onto the pan. Use a thick metal spatula to gently but firmly flatten the patties. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
6. Upon flipping each pattie, add a pinch of mozarella to the top of each pattie. Repeat, cooking the remaining patties, using 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil per 2 patties.
7. Layer each burger with a slice of toasted bread, spinach, turkey pattie, tomato slice, a red onion slice, and any condiments you like. (NOTE FOR DIABETICS: Be aware that most store-bought ketchups and mustards contain high amounts of sugar) Top off the burger with another slice of toasted bread.
Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 C)
2. Cut sweet potatoes into thin sticks.
3. In a medium to large bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil, paprika, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well, until potatoes are thoroughly coated.
4. Place the potatoes on an oven-safe baking dish or lined baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes, tossing halfway through, and bake until golden brown.
Type 2 Diabetes – Do Antidiabetic Medications Help To Prevent and Treat Cervical Cancer?
A lot has been written during the previous few years concerning the antidiabetic drug metformin, as a possible anticancer medication. According to scientists at the National Taiwan College as well as numerous various other research establishments in Taipei, Taiwan, metformin could be a tool to decrease the threat of cervical cancer cells. Their job, reported on in the journal Oncotarget in July 2016, included over 132,000 ladies treated with metformin, as well as virtually 7,000 treated with various other antidiabetic drugs.Type 2 Diabetes – Your Lifestyle Determines Your Insulin Sensitivity
There’s a lot of self-blaming going on amongst middle-aged adults that are not specifically healthy and balanced. It’s essential to bear in mind the objection you choose to offer on your own can be constructive or destructive. One sort of objection provides you a possibility to improve your scenario, whereas the various other is more probable to make things even worse. If you are not in outstanding health, it is good to show and identify where you have actually failed. Possibly you have actually not lived the healthiest of lifestyles, or you have postponed on reducing weight.Type 2 Diabetes – Exercise Is Good For You
Although some people love to work out, and others detest it, we make sure you know with physical activity, as well as exactly how it is important for healthy and balanced living. Even if it’s not likely we are mosting likely to instruct you something new; we would like you to think about working out every day as a means to boost your wellness and invigorate your life. Lots of people are quick to suggest you ought to become literally active: it’s typical to listen to just how you need to be exercising while avoiding an inactive way of life. Yet it is less typical to be told to exercise daily since equilibrium is generally the standard.Type 2 Diabetes – Is Work Related Stress Associated With Diabetes in Women?
The term stress and anxiety as we apply it to human sensations was presented by Hans Selye. Stress impacts your health and wellness straight and triggers your fight-or-flight feedback to flooding your blood stream. In turn, your blood sugar level degrees are increased. The engineering term is utilized to describe physical products and also how they respond when pressure, or stress and anxiety, is put on them. Researchers examining tension located the reasons are not the exact same for all of us, however the necessary characteristics of an event are: Novelty – participating in an odd situation with fear of the unknown, Unpredictability: not understanding what to expect, a Threat to the ego: will the self be able to deal with points? And Sense of Control – the worry of not having the ability to make decisions and also lug them out.Type 2 Diabetes – You Can Lower Your Blood Sugar and Reverse Your Diabetes!
With any luck, you have a treatment strategy in your mind if you have actually obtained a medical diagnosis of Kind 2 diabetes mellitus. The ideal method to deal with any type of disease is to do whatever you can to treat it as well as keep it in control for as long as feasible. And also when you consider Type 2 diabetes mellitus is such a convenient disease, it would be a pity to allow it to remain. It would certainly be ill-advised to succumb to such an avoidable and treatable problem. However this is what takes place to numerous that select to disregard their medical diagnosis.Type 2 Diabetes – Develop Positive Thinking to Help Control Your Blood Sugar Levels and Body Weight
Dealing with Type 2 diabetes mellitus efficiently is no tiny task. However never child on your own: it’s manageable as well as practical, no matter your starting factor. Taking into consideration managing your blood glucose degree is a task requiring your consistent initiative, it is beneficial to try to find support as well as suggestions. That is why we suggest seeking the support of your medical professional or some type of mentorship to assist you get started. However even if there is a lot of support readily available to you, you are ultimately on your very own. Nobody is monitoring you: it’s entirely as much as you to reduced and stabilize your blood sugar degrees and control your body weight.Type 2 Diabetes – Gaining Weight Loss Momentum
Let’s say you have actually received a diagnosis of Kind 2 diabetes mellitus and you are overweight. To aid reduced both your blood sugar level levels as well as your weight you have actually made a decision to drop 30 pounds. For the objective of this idea experiment, it does not matter if you are overweight or a Kind 2 diabetic. If you assume you should lose 30 extra pounds, probabilities are you are ignoring just how much weight you need to lose. In truth, you could have to shed 40 extra pounds or more. Yet we digress.Type 2 Diabetes – The Case Of Building Good Habits
If you look closely at the typical American diet regimen, it’s simple to see why Kind 2 diabetic issues has actually gotten to epidemic percentages. Eating intelligently is your most effective weapon in your battle to regulate your blood glucose and body weight. If you are wanting to take an action in the direction of far better wellness, one point you need to begin doing is to concentrate on building much better practices. Far way too many people get overtaken the concept of making changes for the time being. They place themselves on a diet for 12 weeks and afterwards look to take it from there. As long as there is an end visible, you are never going to see the results you are wishing for.Diet Can Be a Powerful Treatment for Diabetics
More than 100 million individuals today have diabetes or pre-diabetes. A current research performed by a group of American as well as Japanese scientists shows that individuals who have diabetes can greatly improve their wellness by eating an entirely plant-based diet regimen.Type 2 Diabetes – What You Eat Today Walks and Talks Tomorrow!
It is an embarassment we really feel a pointer to live healthily is essential. We are not suggesting you are at fault: instead, we would like to attend to the adult population in its entirety. A lot of people are leading harmful lives subjecting us to unsafe and unanticipated dangers. It is not an exaggeration when we claim your actions today extremely well establish your well-being tomorrow, which in turn dictates the top quality as well as durability of your life. As well numerous people catch an untimely fatality in an unfortunate manner. It is an event deeply regrettable when you take into consideration a number of these deaths are avoidable at the very least for that time.Best Health With Diabetes – Understanding Carbohydrates
Diabetic issues mellitus is a disorder of carb metabolic process in the body. Specifically, diabetic issues is a disorder of glucose metabolic rate. In diabetes mellitus, sugar is not used by the body’s cells and blood sugar concentrations increase over typical to greater as well as higher degrees. Understanding carbohydrate digestion and metabolism is important to finest wellness with diabetes mellitus. One can make changes in food choices and also food quantities and also portions to assist regulate the blood sugar focus.Best Health With Diabetes – Your Knowledge Matters
So, you or a loved one has actually been told that you have diabetics issues. What currently? Diabetes influences countless individuals. Several do not recognize that they have diabetes. Recognizing that you have diabetes mellitus is essential. What you understand as well as just how your expertise is used for your best wellness with diabetes mellitus issues extremely.Type 2 Diabetes – A Few Reasons Why You Are Hungry After Eating a Meal
It may appear as if cravings is the major reason it is tough to stay with your chosen diet plan. Really feeling hungry obtains in the method of weight loss, as well as making it harder for Kind 2 diabetics to regulate their blood sugar. You may believe controlling your cravings is tough given that you are regularly hungry. Self-control can only do so much: there is a limitation to how much time you can withstand those cravings pangs. Fortunately, your cravings is not completely at fault. There are reasons that you are often hungry.Type 2 Diabetes – Three Healthy Dip Recipes To Help Improve Your Vegetable Intake
Consuming sensibly is just one of your effective weapons in the battle versus developing Type 2 diabetes mellitus. What you consume and also just how much impacts your danger for establishing diabetes mellitus. Generous quantities of vegetables and fruits are at the heart of Type 2 diabetes mellitus prevention. Are you battling to obtain your veggie intake? Feel as though if you have to consume one more salad, you might just scream? If you are fantasizing of cheeseburgers changing your fit to be tied broccoli, it is time for a modification.Type 2 Diabetes – Combined Therapy to Help Improve Blood Sugar Control
According to a study performed by the National Research Institute in Los Angeles as well as various other study facilities in the USA, sixty Type 2 diabetics being treated with metformin and exenatide (Byetta) achieved far better blood sugar control than fifty-six Kind 2 diabetics treated with metformin alone. Their work was reported on in the journal Diabetic issues, Excessive weight, as well as Metabolic Rate in August 2016. Twenty-four-hour ordinary blood sugar levels as well as fasting degrees, as well as levels 2 hours after a dish were inspected. The following were all decreased in the exenatide plus metformin group versus the team taking metformin alone.