Dump the junk food and try out these AMAZING healthy food swaps!
► ► FREE BOOK + FREE DOCUMENTARY EPISODE: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
We have some delicious and healthy alternatives to your favorite ‘junk food’…
1) Carrot cake and cheesecake are two of the most popular cakes, but they are extremely unhealthy. A slice of either of these cakes will load your body with a huge amount of calories, carbs, and sugar. Try switching to almond flour cake, it’s gluten-free and diabetes-friendly as it has only around 3g of carbs per slice!
2) A pint of beer while at home or out with friends may seem harmless, but they are actually packed with carbohydrates and sugar. Switch that carb-loaded beer with a glass of red wine. Red wine is rich with polyphenols and antioxidants.
3) Pizza…It’s delicious. But most pizzas are full of carbohydrates, calories, saturated fat, and sodium. A regular slice of pizza can contain roughly 30 to 40g of carbs. If you want a healthier version of pizza, try cauliflower base pizza. At only around 3g of carbs per slice, they are an excellent choice for diabetics as it won’t raise your blood sugar.
4) High-sugar foods like candy, soda, and cookies lack in nutritional value. They are also packed with low-quality carbohydrates. You can please your sweet tooth by snacking on high-quality dark chocolate. This is a much better choice for blood sugar control.
5) Overdoing it on fried, greasy foods can lead to weight gain and wreak havoc on your blood sugar. So try swapping those french fries for healthier sweet potato fries which will give you around 400% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin A! Also try swapping out those oily potato chips for some delicious oven-roasted pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are high in fiber, magnesium, and beneficial fatty acids.
Type 2 Diabetes – Taking A Look At Some Physical Changes in The Diabetic Brain
Metabolites are molecules either created in or necessary for breaking down various other particles in the body. In July of 2017, the Journal of Professional Neuroscience reported on a meta-study on metabolites in the mind of people that had actually been identified with Type 2 diabetic issues. The investigators at Dalian University in Dalian, China, placed together ten studies as well as assessed them as if they were one bigger research.Type 2 Diabetes – A Diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes May Lead to Heart Disease Later in Life
According to a research reported on in October of 2017 in JAMA Internal Medicine, women enduring Gestational diabetes, a temporary form of Kind 2 diabetes mellitus that occurs throughout pregnancy, might be at lasting threat for creating cardiovascular disease. Scientists at Harvard Medical College and also numerous various other research study organizations in Boston as well as Maryland, United States, contrasted 89,479 ladies with a history of at the very least one maternity, an overall of 1,161 cardiac arrest and also strokes were documented in the specific participant’s clinical records.Treatment For Diabetes – Options Discussed
Diabetic issues is such a common disease, particularly amongst men above the age of 40. Here are choices that one may think about for therapy of diabetic issues.Type 2 Diabetes – A Test for Diagnosing Women at Risk for Developing Diabetes During Their Pregnancy
Researchers at Cangzhou Central Health Center in Cangzhou, Individuals’s Republic of China, found a molecule called copeptin can predict which pregnant females will likely create Gestational diabetes mellitus, a short-term kind of diabetic issues taking place while pregnant due to hormone adjustments stopping insulin from doing its job. The study of the previously mentioned researchers was reported on in October of 2017 in the journal Acta Diabetologica. The study consisted of 827 females, all of whom had blood copeptin degrees measured at their first obstetrical see.Type 2 Diabetes – Reduce Your Stress Level to Help Lower Your Blood Sugar
Stress can often really feel like a component of life. Hardly ever do we go long durations of time without feeling stress of some kind. For some individuals, tension may be a daily point. Stressful work, connections, economic scenarios, amongst others. Fortunately, we practically constantly have opportunities to function out these circumstances. Every issue offered to us can in some method be managed. While not everything may be conveniently addressed, understanding we have alternatives indicates we should not ever before completely despair. If there is one sort of anxiety you should not worry yourself with, it concerns your health. It is the most awful kind of stress you might have.